Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I don’t pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into the room and smile at you.
Well said. To say that after 5 years, I've known you inside out, well that's not true. Because if I do, then how in the world could you still surprise me every now and then. To say that we've become predictable, then it wouldn't be true either. We have our outbursts and our random whatnots every now and then.
No, I never thought I'd settle for this in the beginning. But look where it's brought us both. Not exactly the course we wanted to take each time, but the outcome is worthwhile isn't it?
Because everyone thinks that over time, over the number of years they stay together with their special someone, they think that things are going to get better because you think you've grown seasoned with the ups and downs, you've think you've faced it all, but in reality things don't get better. Because the more you know and learn about each other, the more things you'll have to deal with. There'll be more junctions and roadblocks and roundabouts that may lead to some nearly-endless arguements, some petty disagreements, some emotional setbacks, and yes, no one signed a bond to succumb to such nonsense when they start a relationship. In reality, it may sometimes even end up with you thinking if you know your partner at all, after all that time. And it's a lie if no one in their right mind has ever thought about the possibility of leaving and walking away, not even for a milisecond when things go beyond your control (or so you think). And when you think of walking away, making that big u-turn, trudging back down the path you paved together alone, you begin to wonder if walking away would actually change anything in the first place. If that's gonna end all the misery. And that's when every single rational (or otherwise irrational) thought in the mind gets silenced by the heart. Because it simply tells you, "Before you let go, remember why you held on for so long.".
Happy 5th baby.
I'm glad we're still in this together. I've never felt more appreciative of what I have.
Reminiscing about all things past is great, but looking to the future would be even better.
And as much as I want to kick you in between your legs at times, I love you.
With all my heart.
Labels: 23rd
X O X O; 11:45 pm